We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry, starting in London. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across Greater London. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
To develop profitable new business from customers who do not yet trade with YardLynk.
Reports to the Head of Sales and will also build close relationships with the wider sales team, operations and marketing team.
About the Role:
As a Business Development Executive, you will be at the forefront of our expansion, helping to rapidly build our customer base. Main tasks will be:
- Researching prospective customers in the construction and related industries.
- Qualifying and pitching our service to decisions makers and influencers to book meetings for BDMs and/or converting them into YardLynk customers.
- Understanding specific customer needs and developing the right approach to meet their requirements.
- Working to hit weekly and monthly targets and keeping on top of your sales pipeline.
- Being creative and using your initiative to develop our customer base.
- Communicating and collaborating daily with your line manager and team.
- Work with the Head of Sales to develop strategies for converting opportunities to profitable revenue.
- Maintain a record of all activity on the company CRM system and complete basic reports as potentially required.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding set sales targets.
- Demonstrating a reasonable level of commercial acumen and using this to make the right decisions for the business.
- Actively working with the BDM team to ensure cross pollination of opportunities leading to maximised conversion rate being achieved.
- Ensuring that multi-level relationships are formed with customers and target customers where possible.
- A hunger to work within sales and attain and beat targets. Some sales experience with a record of high attainment. Previous experience selling to the construction industry is a plus.
- Excited about the idea of helping construction companies with their supply chain, to help them deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- Demonstratable skills in negotiating and selling.
- Determined, tenacious and resilient.
- Confident and comfortable selling to key decision makers and influencers within target customers. Comfortable on the phone negotiating and selling to ensure conversion of opportunities.
- Tech savvy. comfortable working with our CRM solution and software tools.
- Strong communicator. Articulate with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Generally open minded and curious about the world.
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out.
Key factors for success:
Success in 3 months will include:
- A clear pipeline of target customers will be created and initial calls with key influencers / decision makers held. All recorded within the CRM system.
- A full understanding of the YardLynk offering and a good ability to articulate and sell this to target customers.
- Demonstrable evidence of new customers opening accounts and starting to trade with YardLynk.
Success in 6 months will include:
- Established relationships with key decision makers within the target customers. Numerous conversations held with each customer and target customer, all recorded within the CRM system.
- A growing pipeline of target customers. Conversations held with key decision makers, all recorded in CRM.
- Run rate of a minimum 4 new SME customers opening accounts and trading with YardLynk per month.
Why Join YardLynk:
We’re a small, but growing team located near Old Street in central London, dedicated to making YardLynk a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business. You'll also have a unique opportunity to make a real impact and contribute to the success of a rapidly growing start-up.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!